Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow sticks

During the first week of January when lots of doings were going on discount, I stopped by ULTA to repurchase my Urban Decay naked palette and as I was about to check out, I noticed a travel sized set of the Urban Decay 24/7 shadow sticks that I’ve heard lots of great things about. I figured instead of buying one shadow stick for 20 bucks, I might as well pick up a travel sized set of 5 for the price of one regular sized one…just to try it out and see if I like it.


The original price of this is $34, but I bought it for $19. Ulta doesn’t let you use coupons on prestige cosmetics, so there were no discounts (aside from the sale price obviously). I thought the price was perfect for a product this popular. I was happy with the colour selection as well: three of the shadow sticks were neutrals and the other two were brighter shades for a more fun look.

The shades that came in the pack were Rehab, Juju, Sin, Clash and Delinquent. 


Rehab is a brown taupe-y colour. 
Juju is a lighter taupe colour, it reminds me of a creamier version of 'Sidecar' from the Naked palette by UD. 
Sin is a really pretty champagne colour, great for highlighting the inner corners of your eyes and the brow bone :)  Another creamy version of 'Sin' from the naked palette.
Clash is a vivid teal with silver shimmer 
Delinquent is a beautiful shimmery purple

I love these shadow sticks because it’s three things in one. It can be used as an eye shadow base to make powdered eye shadow colours more vibrant, it can be worn as an eye shadow alone, and finally it can be used as an eyeliner. I usually don't wear bright eyeshadows like Clash and Delinquent on a daily basis unless its a party where i can go all out but they'd make great eyeliners for those lazy days where you need a pop of colour to freshen up your look :)



The formula is smooth. Application is a breeze and the product blends well. No tugging or pulling onto the eyelid cause the product just glides right on. It does set quickly so you have to blend it out as soon as possible otherwise it can get a little messy. I wouldn’t recommend using these shadow sticks on the crease for this reason because blending it out can be a pain in the butt, especially if you’re doing it on the go. But it’s a small price to pay for such amazing quality makeup. The colours are very pigmented and the lasting power is phenomenal. They look vibrant even after several hours have passed and require no touch ups throughout the day.

I think it’s a great product and I definitely recommend everyone else to try it. You will not be disappointed. And for its price, you can’t really complain =]


4 comments:

  1. zomg
    i was to buy these too but when i saw them they weren't on sale
    are they still on sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, at ulta they should still be on sale :)

    we should stop by ulta near stony on our way back home one day <3

    ReplyDelete

Followers