Saturday, January 14, 2012

Beauty Favourites of 2011

In the year of 2011, I discovered several beauty products that have made it onto my list of holy grail makeup items. It consists of both high end and drugstore products. 


1. Eyeliner - Physician's Formula gel liners 
For a drugstore brand, physician's formula products have always been one of the best. From their tinted moisturizers to mascaras, I've never had any complaints with the quality of their makeup. These highly pigmented gel liners are specifically created to compliment various shades of eye colours from the blues and greens to hazels and browns. You can even mix 'n match the different shades from each eye colour to custom-design your own gel liner trio. 




2. Mascara - Two faced lash injection 
I got a sample size of this when I bought my Urban Decay Naked palette from Macys so I didn't have to pay for it. I normally don't invest in high end mascaras because the formula dries up rather quickly. But I really like the formula of this one and will most likely purchase it after I run out. I use it in conjunction with my L'oreal Voluminous mascara to give my sparse lashes a doll-like effect. 


TIP: after applying one layer of mascara, let it set for a little bit before coating your lashes with a second mascara. 


3. Foundation - Make Up Forever Matte Velvet
My first foundation from MUFE. I absolutely love this stuff. It's a medium-heavy coverage foundation that mattifies the face unlike any other product I've tried before. Its long wearing, gives the skin a flawless finish and there's a wide range of colours to choose from so your bound to find a shade that matches your skin perfectly.


4. Concealer - Amazing Cosmetics concealers
Amazing Cosmetics is definitely one of the best-selling concealers in the beauty market. While it is towards the pricier side, you only need a tiny tiny bit to see results. If you use it sparingly, this little tube of awesomeness could last you upto months (even though it doesn't look like it). 


5. Blush - NYX powder blush in Pinched 
I've heard many rave about NARS blushes and I've always wanted to purchase a few. However, due to a tight budget, I decided to look for a cheaper alternative and I stumbled across numerous blog posts comparing NARS' most talked about, 'Orgasm' to the NYX powder blush in Pinched. I decided to give it a try and ended up loving it. Its beautiful peachy-pink shade with a subtle gold shimmer gives just the right flush of colour.


6. Lipstick - Revlon colourburst lip butter 
Another new product popular amongst makeup junkies: revlon lip butters. I have 7 of them in my collection so far and I love them. Aside from their super cute titles, what I like most about the lip butters is how moisturizing it feels against my lips. Its like a tinted lip balm but better. And I mean that only in terms of pigmentation. It obviously can't replace an actual lip balm when it comes to soothing chapped lips (and if u do have chapped lips, be careful of these cause it will only make it more obvious =X ). Some of my favourite shades include Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie and Strawberry Shortcake (I'll include swatches of them in another post).




7. Lip gloss - any NYX or Revlon lip glosses
Affordable and many shades to choose from. Doesn't feel icky either. As simple as that.  


8. Bronzer - Two faced Aqua bunny bronzer
This is a cream-to-powder bronzer that literally smells like cocoa powder. Its matte, which makes it perfect and more natural looking for contouring.   


9. Powder - Rimmel Stay Matte powder 
I only have great things to say about this. I've hit pan on it twice and will soon be purchasing my third one. 

10. Eyeshadow - Urban Decay Naked palette, Wet 'n Wild palettes
Like many others, the Naked palette is my go-to palette. It has the prettiest and highly pigmented neutral eyeshadows that can be used to create multiple looks. It's definitely worth the price. 

A cheaper alternative would be the Wet 'n wild eyeshadow palettes. Many of them are even dupes for MAC shadows, in terms of colour pay-off and finishes (satin, matte, etc).

11. Eyeshadow Primer - Two Faced Shadow Insurance 
Two faced shadow insurance takes the trophy on this one. I do like the Urban Decay Primer potion as well. Though I noticed that TFSI doesn't crease the way UDPP sometimes can. 

12. Eyelash curler - Tweezerman 
Its hands down the best eyelash curler I've ever used.

13. Brushes - Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman 
Good quality brushes + super cute packaging + reasonably priced = one happy girl



14. Highlighter- Diorskin shimmer powder in Rose Diamond.
LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE it<3 It gives the prettiest glow, without making you look like a disco ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers