Sunday, January 22, 2012

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes

The concept of it is unique and all the colours look so tempting in the pan. The texture is neat as well. It feels velvety to the touch and is kind of squishy, hence the title ‘bouncy’.

Something cool is about to happen =P
=O

 They look bright in the pan but they’re mild in pigmentation so it’ll suit girls who are starting out in makeup or people who just want a slight glow on their cheeks. I feel like the lighter colours would only show up on super fair skinned people. For the rest of us, colours such as ‘Plum wine’ and ‘Hot Tamale’ (darkest/brightest of them all) would be most visible when applied. So far I only have plum wine, which is my favourite. I do intend to pick up another one just in case they decide to discontinue it =X


It’s a gorgeous berry colour that gives my cheeks a beautiful rosy yet natural looking flush. In the pan, plum wine seemed like the most intimidating colour of the bouncy blush series (I normally don’t wear blushes that dark) but I loved the look it gave me. Application is smooth and it is easy to blend. It has a way of melting into the skin unlike powder blushes which is what makes it look so natural. Though it is buildable for those who want a bolder flush.


 Best applied with fingers, these blushes have a beautiful satin finish. I haven’t judged it in terms of how longwearing it is, but from the looks of it, I doubt it’ll last you more than an hour or two. Not amazing, not horrible. I wish it didn't fade too soon. Overall it’s an okay product. Have you tried these out yet? 

2 comments:

  1. I was about to get one of these, but I heard they don't last that long and come off within a couple hours D:
    so I invested in NARS instead :B

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay this is weird. it doesnt last on my face for more than an hour but the day I swatched it on my hand, it stayed for a good 5-6 hours =O even though i washed my hands, etc throughout the day D:

    ReplyDelete

Followers