Monday, January 16, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter Reviews + Swatches


Everyone has probably already heard of Revlon’s new lip line. The main thing that caught my eye, aside from the wide range of colours, was the name of each one of them. They make me want to go to a bakery @_@

I’ve tested these lip butters over a good two-week period and I’m very pleased with the quality of the product. The consistency is light weight, it glides on easily, has great pigmentation and actually does feel very nourishing. The lighter colours could be considered a form of tinted lip balm because they are more sheer in comparison to the darker, brighter shades. The darker shades, however, are a whole different story. I’d say its three things in one. A lipstick in terms of pigmentation, a lip balm due to its moisturizing properties and a lip gloss because of the shiny finish it gives. But not shiny as in super glossy, just a subtle sheen.

One thing people are curious about is its longevity. These WILL NOT last you an entire day, I’d say about 3-4 hours max, considering you don’t eat or drink too much. So if you’re into long wearing lippies, this isn’t for you! Now everyone has their own opinions about them but for me, they’re definitely worth the hype! 

These moisturizing lipsticks come in 20 different shades. While it was tempting to have ALL of them in my collection, I only picked up 7 of them.

Starting from the left side, there’s Cupcake, Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie, Lollipop, Candy Apple and Red Velvet.


Cupcake a blue toned bubble gum pink lipstick, sheer in colour (had to layer it up). Depending on how you do your make up, it can be a flattering lip colour. I wish it was more opaque and didn't settle into my fine lines .__.

Strawberry Shortcakea favourite of many, it’s a pale Barbie pink colour. Like cupcake, the pigmentation of this is light. Its my second favourite out of the bunch. If it was slightly more opaque, it would be my go-to lip colour.



Peach ParfaitIt’s a ‘my lips, but better’ kind of colour. Perfect for those days where you don’t feel like putting a whole lot on but still want to look a little dressed up. I find myself grabbing this the most out of all of them. 


Berry Smoothie similar to peach parfait but with more of a brown hue. The colour is gorgeous and buildable so it is sufficient to transform your look from day time to night.


Lollipop Very Pigmented bright fuchsia colour. One of my favourites <3 Definitely a statement lippy.


Candy Apple- It’s a coral red colour that’s very flattering on many skin tones. It applies more like a stain than a glosstickbalm (O_o). The colour stayed on my lips for a while, which is a plus!


Red VelvetCRAZY pigmented . It looks like a deep maroon in the tube but it applies slightly lighter, depending on how hard you press it onto your lips. You can layer it to achieve a deeper colour.. It will look great with a neutral eye and winged eyeliner.



Cherry tart and Raspberry pie are next on my list =X Many CVS’s are out of these already ): I’ll have to try my luck at target …Which one is your favourite?

5 comments:

  1. haha =P you would say that (:

    and thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowww i love them all!! and agree with sarah k ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woahhh sessy lips ;)

    im not a big fan of the cupcake, u might be the only one who can pull that off D:
    but i love all the other colors on u, it makes me wanna get them all too (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah cupcake is a little tough to pull off =O i have yet to figure out what looks good with it without making it seem overdone D:

    thank youuu <3 get themm..i want two more @_@ raspberry pie and either cherry tart or sweet tart :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers