Monday, January 16, 2012

L’oreal infallible eyeshadows


L’oreal 2012 collections were recently released here in the US. And after watching some of my favourite beauty youtubers in the UK rave about this product, I was dying to get my hands on these. They’ve made their debut in several stores such as CVS, Walgreens, and Target already but since it is a fairly new product, don’t be surprised if your store doesn’t have it in stock yet. The price of this ranges from $7.29 to >$10 depending on where you get it.

L’oreal states that “it is an ultra intense eyeshadow that last from day until dawn – a full 24 hours. This revolutionary formula fuses the ease of a powder with the velvety caress of a cream to create a unique hybrid that glides on effortlessly. And with its unique technology, your eyes are enhanced with pure, magnified pigment. Make a lasting impression without battling an eye!
Intense, maximized color
Luxurious powder-cream texture
24-hour long-lasting hold
Waterproof, crease resistant, fade resistant



These infallible eyeshadows are loose pigments pressed in a clear jar with a plastic cover on top of the shadow to keep its shape intact. Like L’oreal states, the formula is a cross between powder and cream shadow. It has a buttery, velvet like texture with awesome pigmentation. It almost creates a ‘wet’ kind of look similar to when you dampen your brush with water or fix+ and press a loose pigment onto the lids.


Swatched: Bronzed Taupe, Amber Rush, Perpetual Purple and Eternal Sunshine
The quality of these shadows is very rich, it has little to no fallout, and the staying power is great (creasing is not an issue when you apply a primer underneath). I haven't tested it out for 24 hours straight and frankly speaking, I don't think anybody even wears makeup for that long @_@ but the colour was just as pigmented 8 hours after application as it was when I first applied it. I also swatched a few of the shadows on my hand and washed my hands several times with water + hand soap throughout the day and they didn't budge!

Since neutral shades are more forgiving, I just use my finger to apply it to the lid and it glides on beautifully with no creasing whatsoever. For the darker shades, however, I noticed that using regular make up brushes don’t give it an even application. In some cases, it even takes away from the pigmentation. I tried applying it same way I do with the neutral shades but because of my pudgy fingers, it is hard to place the product where I want. Another option would be to use a sponge tip for application. I have yet to test it out and see how well that works.

Another minor negative aspect of this product is its blendability (is that a word? O_o). It’s not impossible, but it is a little difficult. So if you have polished your blending skills overtime and have some tips on how to combat this issue, do tell! 

Considering the fact that L’oreal owns Giorgio Armanic cosmetics, my hopes for this new product were pretty high. And it’s safe to say that I wasn’t disappointed. Despite not being able to use a makeup brush for application, I still think its great quality makeup for a drugstore brand. The end result outweighs the lil disadvantages :)

The shades I picked out are Iced Latte, Amber Rush, Bronzed Taupe, Eternal Sunshine, Perpetual Purple  and Sultry Smoke. They all have a metallic finish, which looks so pretty. Of all the shades I picked out, Sultry smoke is the only exception. Its a beautiful matte grey.

Neutrals: (top row) Amber Rush , Eternal Sunshine. (Bottom row) Bronzed Taupe and Iced Latte
Smokeys: Sultry Smoke (left), Perpetual Purple (right)

Amber Rush is my fave<3 Look how pretty it is!! ^___^


2 comments:

  1. Hi Myra! Aren't these just unbelievably high-quality shadows? I have to say, these are definitely my new favorite drugstore shadows of all time! I loved seeing your shades and I know I will have to keep buying until I have them all :)
    Great post, I can't wait to read more from you!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, same :) yes they are amazing<3 I wont be satisfied until I have all of them in my collection!

      Though I wish we had some of the shades from Canada and the UK like 'Purple Obsession' and 'Flashback Silver'

      Delete

Followers